Friday, December 28, 2007

A Touch of Culture


Every time I watch a flick... I instantly distinguish a Korean film... well, I guess its obvious, korean always try to show its culture through their films... something that Filipino films doesn't have... or perhaps only a few has it.

Well for one, Koreans are very particular with culture, I guess over the generation... they still instill culture and traditions to the young generation in spite of the modern generation. Filipinos has reason unto why we can't seem to distinguish our culture... it all sums up to its history... being overpowered by foreigners, which makes us diverse in culture.

In one of my workshops... a fellow workshopper said... "mahilig kasi manggaya ang pinoy" Sad but true... Just by merely watching those teleserye and all? I happen to see the same stories in Hollywood... I believe him... but just because I believed it doesn't mean it has to be that way and still has to stay that way...

But mind you... us being diversed? Is culture itself... dig deeper... good stories are found in learning one's culture.




1 comment:

Anino said...

Sad and true.
I can't even count the number of unoriginal Filipino films. Pinoy horror films are on top of the list.